What is a PDF file?
Invented by Adobe, Portable Document Format (PDF) is the published specification used by standards bodies around the world for more secure, reliable electronic document distribution and exchange. PDF has been adopted by enterprises, educators, and governments around the world to streamline document exchange, increase productivity, and reduce reliance on paper.
Why convert a document to a PDF file?
- Preserve the look and integrity of your original document — A PDF file looks exactly like the original document and preserves the fonts, images, graphics, and layout of any source file — regardless of the application and platform used to create it.
- Share documents with anyone — PDF documents can be shared, viewed, and printed by anyone, on any system, using free Adobe Reader® software — regardless of the operating system, original application, or fonts.
- Easy to use — PDF files are compact and easy to exchange.
- Searchable — PDF files have full text search features for locating words, bookmarks, and data fields in documents.
In a nutshell, we can convert your documents into PDF for…
- Security – prevent others duplicating or editing (particularly useful when emailing invoices or agreements)
- Preservation of your typeface, logo and layout (protecting your identity)
- Ability to be read by anyone using free software: Adobe reader